ELDERBERRY SYRUP ( 16 Oz Jar )
There are about 30 types of elder plants and trees found around the world. The European version (also known as Sambucus nigra) is the one most closely tied to your health and healing. Its history dates as far back as 400 BC, and Hippocrates, the “Father of Medicine,” called the elder tree his “medicine chest.”
In folk medicine today, the elderberry is widely considered one of the world’s most healing plants.
Ingredients:- Organic Black Elderberries, Cinnamon, Dried Ginger Root & Raw Organic Honey.
Dosage:- 1 Tbsp Daily.
While opinions vary on whether elderberry is helpful, most doctors believe it’s safe to have in small doses. But unripe or uncooked berries or flowers from the plant can cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Larger amounts can cause even more serious poisoning.
Other things to keep in mind include:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you shouldn’t take it.
- Other parts of the elder tree, including the branches, twigs, leaves, roots, and seeds, are toxic. They contain a type of cyanide called glycoside.
- People with immune problems might have reactions to elderberry.
- If you get a rash or have trouble breathing after you have some, you might be allergic to it.
- Because it’s a diuretic, be careful when you take it if you’re on medicines that make you pee more.
Talk with your doctor if you’re thinking about taking elderberry.