Jamaican black castor oil has a ton of different benefits – it treats dandruff, moisturizes hair, promotes hair growth, treats acne, and even relieves muscle pain.
These properties set it apart from other nourishing oils, like coconut or Argan.
This special oil may be a new discovery for some of us, but in fact, it’s been used traditionally in Jamaica for many years.
Unlike plain castor oil, JBCO involves a roasting process, which gives it its characteristic dark color and burnt smell. Here are the steps of our Traditional Handcrafted Creation Process:-
* 1. The mature Castor beans are harvested.
* 2. Then washed to get rid of dirt or bacteria.
* 3. Then placed in the sun to be naturally dried.
* 4. After dried we then roast our beans over an open fire until it becomes a dark roast.
* 5. Once we finish roasting we then manually grind the beans until it turns into paste.
* 6. We then go into the extraction phase where we transfer the paste into boiling water.
* 7. Once in the boiling water the paste transforms to oil. The oil will rise to the top of the water. We then skim (take out the oil from the top of the water) and transfer the oil into a separate pot.
* 8. Once in the separate pot we leave the oil to settle.
* 9. Once settled and left to naturally cool we then bottle the oil.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil works for all hair types. It will moisturize, thicken, strengthen and rapidly increase hair growth.
It increases blood flow to the scalp, supplying valuable nutrients to hair follicles.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil will also prevent hair breakage, dandruff, eczema and dry, itchy scalp.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil has crossed over into other ethnic groups, and is now being used widely for some of the same purposes, as well as new found uses including eyelash and eyebrow hair growth and as massage oil.