Maca (Lepidium meyenii) is a root vegetable native to the high, harsh climate of the Andes Mountains in in Peru. For over 2000 years Maca Roots have been an important traditional food and medicinal herb to those in its growing region. Maca Root Powder is high in protein, dietary fiber, many important minerals, and amino acids (containing 19 different amino acids).
- Maca root powder is very nutritious, and is a great source of several important vitamins and minerals.
- Increases Libido in both Men & Women.
- Maca can increase sperm production and improve sperm quality, thereby enhancing fertility in men.
- Maca helps alleviate menopausal symptoms, including hot flashes and interrupted sleep.
- Help one gain muscle, increase strength, boost energy and improve exercise performance.
- Applying Maca extract, a concentrated form of the plant, to your skin may help protect it from UV radiation.
- In animal studies, maca has improved learning and memory in rodents that have memory impairment.
- A large prostate is common among older men and can cause issues with urination. Animal studies suggest that red maca can reduce prostate size.